Sunday, October 28, 2018

A Breakdown On How To Wear Leggings

Leggings- Pants or Not? 

The ultimate fashion debate of late seems to be if leggings should be considered pants or not? To me, it’s all about how you style your leggings. There are so many different styles of leggings that can be styled in so many different ways. Let’s give leggings a breakdown and maybe put this argument to rest.

When I think about exactly how to wear leggings, there are tons of great ones! Of all the ways to wear leggings, the most obvious style of leggings is your classic, work out leggings. These are typically made a little thicker and are usually worn by athletes or for trips to the gym. However, with the burst of athleisure becoming a trend, we see these more often. It seems like every trendy young adult or mom is out running her errands in leggings and a workout top whether they intend on hitting the gym or not. Don’t get me wrong, athleisure wear is one of my favorite trends. If I can be considered on trend and stylish in something as comfy as leggings and a top, you can bet that’s what I’ll be wearing whenever I can. But, being realistic, most of us can’t wear workout leggings and a tank all day every day. Cue, fashion leggings!

Fashionable leggings have also become very popular. I classify “fashion” leggings as the leggings that are typically designed to look like pants yet have the comfort of leggings. Leather leggings are a major trend for this fall season and are some of my favorite ways to wear leggings while still looking dressed up. Distressed leggings and jeggings (jean leggings) are also so trendy for this coming season! These types of leggings are perfect for when you need to dress up but still want the comfort of leggings! These leggings that are designed to look like pants are perfect to wear with tunic length tops and sweaters. Since leggings are typically tighter than pants, I like to wear longer tops to make sure everything is covered.

You can wear leggings for so many different occasions depending on the style! Workout and athletic leggings are my favorite thing to wear for running errands or to throw on for class. I’ll even wear workout leggings with a casual tee top to wear out to brunch with friends on the weekends! For occasions where I want to look cute but don’t want to wear uncomfortable jeans or pants, then my go-to is leather leggings. One of my favorite looks for a night out with friends is a pair of leather leggings with an oversized sweater and booties! The leather adds the sass to my outfit and I can dance the night away with ease. Distressed leggings or jeggings are another favorite for when I am catching dinner with friends and don’t want to sacrifice style for comfort. Simple jeggings are easy to pair with a cute tunic and be comfortable for a dinner out. Then, you can eat all you want and won’t have to worry about your pants being too tight

Leggings are definitely a staple piece of my wardrobe. With fall coming up, they are the perfect way to stay warm and comfortable. Whether you are running errands or going out with friends, there is a legging style perfect for that occasion! We may never settle the debate of leggings being pants or not. With a long top, I wear mine as pants. Maybe it will always just be a matter of opinion. One thing I do know, however, is that leggings are a great way to not sacrifice style for comfort! And to me, being comfy in what I have on is all that matters.



Article Source Here: A Breakdown On How To Wear Leggings

No comments:

Post a Comment